On September 23rd the Automotive Software Kongress ( http://www.automotive-software-kongress.de ) was held in Landshut. This time the AUTOSAR Compendium was also “present”: as sponsor of the event but also in person by Oliver Scheid.
Speakers with very interesting topics and a good opportunity for professional networking made the event worth joining.
From AUTOSAR point-of-view the presentation about “AUTOSAR 4.2 – Technischer Überblick über neue Konzepte” by Igor Neiva Camargo from Continental Automotive GmbH was probably the most interesting one, showing and explaining the new features of AUTOSAR 4.2:
- Improved usability for multi-core architectures
- Enhanced support for safety and security
- New features for IP / Ethernet communication and CAN
- More efficient handling of non-volatile data
- Extension of methodology to support distributed diagnostics configuration
- Integration of non-AUTOSAR systems